CrossFit legend Samantha Briggs announced she would be stepping away from competitive CrossFit after the 2022 Strength in Depth Semifinal.
Briggs: "It’s crazy to think I competed at my first CrossFit Games 13 years ago … It honestly only feels like a few years have gone by.
"(I’m) truly thankful for everyone’s support over the years. I’ve always said CrossFit is more than just a sport for me and it was the community that first won my heart.
"I’ve made some great friends from all over the world which I feel is unique to CrossFit and feel so lucky to have found my place.
"If anyone is still unsure about giving their local CrossFit box a try … believe me you won’t regret it!
"Don’t forget to follow your dreams, you never know where they’ll take you ❤️"
Briggs has blazed a trail of excellence for athletes around the world to follow:
- 2013 CrossFit Games champion
- Two-time CrossFit Open winner (2013 and 2014)
- Most worldwide Open event wins of all-time at 12 (next closest was seven)
- Ten-time CrossFit Games competitor (nine individual, 1 masters). Seven of her individual appearances were in her 30s, which is the most of any Games individual
- Eleven Games individual event wins (sixth-most of all-time and fourth-most in the women’s division)
- Four top-5 Games finishes in the individual division
Thank you, Sam.
Video by Lilly Fuentes and Michael Dalton