CrossFit-sanctioned competitions are replacing CrossFit's Regional events and will become a direct pathway for top men, women and team competitors to receive invitations to compete at the CrossFit Games. Here is a list of the events that have been announced for the 2019 and 2020 seasons:
2019 CrossFit Games Sanctioned Events
- Dubai CrossFit Championship - Dubai, U.A.E. - December 2018
- Australian CrossFit Championship - Queensland, Australia- January 2019
- Wodapalooza CrossFit Festival - Miami, Florida, U.S. - January 2019
- CrossFit Fittest in Cape Town - Cape Town, South Africa - January 2019
- CrossFit Strength in Depth - London, England, U.K. - February 2019
- Asia CrossFit Championship - Chinese Mainland- April 2019
- Mid Atlantic CrossFit Challenge - Baltimore, Maryland / D.C. Area, U.S. - April 2019
- CrossFit Italian Showdown - Milan, Italy - April 2019
- Brazil CrossFit Championship - São Paulo, Brazil - May 2019
- The CrossFit Lowlands Throwdown - Apeldoorn, Netherlands - May 2019
- Down Under CrossFit Championship - Wollongong, Australia - May 2019
- Reykjavik CrossFit Championship- Reykjavik, Iceland - May 2019
- The Rogue Invitational, a CrossFit Sanctioned Event - Columbus, Ohio - May 2019
- CrossFit French Throwdown - Paris, France - June 2019
- The Granite Games, a CrossFit Sanctioned Events - Saint Cloud, Minnesota, U.S. - June 2019
2020 CrossFit Games Sanctioned Events
- CrossFit West Coast Classic - San Diego, California - March 2020
- Pandaland CrossFit Challenge - Sichuan Province - December 2019
- SouthFit CrossFit Challenge - Buenos Aires, Argentina - December 2019
These newly sanctioned events expand the opportunities available to CrossFit competitors around the globe. Each newly sanctioned competition emerged from the CrossFit affiliate community.
"Each one exists to serve its community, not to make a quick buck," said CrossFit Founder Greg Glassman. "This is perfectly consistent with our vision for CrossFit competitions."
Going forward, teams are no longer required to share an affiliate or geographical location to qualify for the CrossFit Games team competition. CrossFit-sanctioned events are the only pathway for teams to compete at the CrossFit Games.
The CrossFit Games will return once more to Madison, Wisconsin, in the late summer of 2019. Participants in the individual Games competition will consist of: (1) national champions as determined by the CrossFit Open; (2) first-place, sanctioned-event winners; (3) the top 20 overall finishers in the CrossFit Open; and (4) four at-large athletes selected by CrossFit Inc.
CrossFit will continue to announce additional sanctioned events in the coming weeks. All changes to the CrossFit Games season will be codified and published in the official CrossFit Games Rulebook prior to the 2019 Open.
This article will be updated as events are released.