2023 CrossFit Games
5 rounds for time:
5 burpee box jump-overs
1 clean and jerk
*Add 1 clean and jerk after each round.
♀ 185-lb clean and jerks, 24-in box
♂ 275-lb clean and jerks, 30-in box
Time cap: 10 minutes
Download the workout description and scorecard for your division:
Prior to starting, set up the floor plan as shown.
This test begins with the athlete standing behind the line next to the barbell 5 feet from the box. After “3, 2, 1, … go,” move to the box and perform 5 burpee box jump-overs. Once the burpee box jump-overs are complete, move to the barbell and complete 1 clean and jerk. After completing 1 clean and jerk, move back to the box and complete 5 burpee box jump-overs and 2 clean and jerks, then 5 burpee box jump-overs and 3 clean and jerks, then 5 burpee box jump-overs and 4 clean and jerks. Finally, complete 5 burpee box jump-overs and 5 clean and jerks for the final round. Time will stop when the final clean and jerk is locked out overhead.
Your score will be the total time taken to complete the test. In the event of a time cap, your score will be the number of repetitions completed before the 10-minute time cap.
Record the time after each completed set of 5 burpee box jump-overs. In the event of a tie, the athlete who completed the last set of 5 burpee box jump-overs faster will win the tie.
- Tape to mark the floor.
- Box of appropriate height for the athlete’s division. The top of the box must be at least 15-by-15 inches.
- Barbell, plates, and collars.*
* The official weight is in pounds. For your convenience, the minimum acceptable weights in kilograms for the clean and jerks are 83 kg (185 lb) and 125 kg (275 lb).
Be sure the athlete has adequate space to safely complete all the movements. Clear the area of all extra equipment, people, or other obstructions.
Any athlete who in any way alters the equipment or movements described in this document or shown in the test standards video may be disqualified from the competition. Unless otherwise stated, athletes may not receive assistance with their equipment during the test.
Video Submission Standards
- All athletes MUST submit a video with their score for validation purposes.
- Film ALL competition area measurements so the distances and weights can be seen clearly.
- Use the camera placement provided in the floor plan. The camera should capture a ¾ view of the athlete during all movements.
- Avoid placing the camera low to the ground. We recommend placing the camera at least 3 feet (90 cm) off the ground.
- Videos must be uncut and unedited to accurately display the performance.
- A clock or timer must be visible throughout the test.
- Videos shot with a fisheye lens or similar lens may be rejected.
- Make sure lighting does not obstruct the view of the athlete, equipment, or workout area. Glare from the background or dark spaces makes it hard to review videos.
- Do NOT use a countdown timer.
- Ensure the judge does not obstruct the view of the athlete.
1 of 6The burpee box jump-over starts with the athlete facing the box while touching their chest and thighs to the ground, and finishes with the athlete jumping over the box. In the bottom position, the chest must be on the line, with the feet and hands straddling the tape line. Athletes may step or jump in and out of the push-up position. A two-foot takeoff is always required, and only the athlete’s feet may touch the box.2 of 6After landing on the box, the athlete may jump or step off to the other side. There is no requirement to stand tall while on top of the box. Alternatively, the athlete may jump completely over the box. If jumping over the box, the feet must pass over the box, not around it, and the athlete must use a two-foot landing.3 of 6Each rep is counted when the athlete lands on the ground on the opposite side of the box. From there, they may begin their next rep.4 of 6Stepping on the line or allowing the bumper plates to touch the line will result in that repetition not counting. Each rep starts with the bar on the ground. Power, squat, and split cleans are permitted. Hang cleans are NOT permitted. Bouncing the barbell is not allowed.5 of 6The bar must first be lifted to the shoulders, then locked out overhead. Snatching the barbell will not count. You do NOT need to reach full extension of the hips and legs in the receiving position of the clean before beginning the overhead lift.6 of 6Any style of overhead lift is acceptable (press, push press, or jerk). The rep is credited when: Hips, knees, and arms are extended. The feet are in line. The bar is over or slightly behind the middle of your body when viewed from profile. You may not lower the bar until you reach the finish position. If you receive a no rep for any reason at any time in the sequence, the entire clean and jerk MUST be repeated.