May 7, 2022
Top Five Close Finishes at the CrossFit Games
What’s your number 1?
5. Josh Bridges had the lead over Rich Froning in the final stretch of sled pulls in 2014’s Push Pull event, and he was not giving it up.
4. After a 280-ft handstand walk, it came down to a footrace for the win between Katrin Davidsdottir and Kari Pearce in 2016.
3. Mikko Salo led the pack in the 2009 Trail Run until Chris Spealler turned on the burners in the last bit of the race.
2. An all-out sprint ended in a photo finish for Mat Fraser and Sam Kwant, who pushed their limits in 2020’s Sprint Sled Sprint.
1. Tia-Clair Toomey was one overhead lunge away from beating Kara Saunders in the Fibonacci Final in 2017, but after Toomey lost control of the overhead position, Saunders closed the gap and finished ahead.