The second stage of the 2021 NOBULL CrossFit Games Season for individual athletes starts Thursday, April 8. The Quarterfinals is a new and exclusive proving ground for the fittest athletes in the world, and only the top 10% of individual athletes and the top 25% of teams from each continent qualify for an online competition that will challenge them with their toughest tests to date.
See detailed floor plans and a required equipment list for Individual Quarterfinals here.
Team Quarterfinals will run April 22-25. More information on team Quarterfinals below.
What Are the Quarterfinals?
The Quarterfinals are an online competition that will serve as the second step in the qualification process for the 2021 NOBULL CrossFit Games. Individual athletes competing in the Quarterfinals will be required to compete in a series of advanced events over the course of the weekend, from Thursday, April 8, through Sunday, April 11.
Scores will be submitted in a similar fashion to the Open, but there will be multiple competition windows over the course of the weekend during which athletes will need to submit their scores, each by a certain deadline. For example, the first two workouts will need to be submitted by Friday, April 9, at 12 p.m. PT. Athletes and teams must complete the events (known as “tests”) as written and submit their scores on time. Any athletes hoping to advance to Semifinals, or whose scores affect advancing athletes, must include a video of their performance with their score submissions. All other athletes have two options when submitting their scores:
- They may perform the events with a registered judge at a licensed CrossFit affiliate in good standing.
- If they are unaffiliated, they will submit videos of the workouts online for judging and validation. Using a registered judge is required. All videos submitted for review must adhere to the video submission guidelines provided.
Did I Qualify?
Official invites to the individual Quarterfinals will be sent out via email on Monday, April 5, the same day registration will open. In order to advance to Quarterfinals, you must place at or higher than the placements found in the Quarterfinals individual cutlines here.
How Do I Register?
Any athlete wishing to compete in the Quarterfinals must accept their invitation and register for Quarterfinals before the close of the first event. The window for individuals to register is extremely short, as registration opens on Monday, April 5, for validated qualifiers and competition begins just three days later on Thursday, April 8.
- Individual registration for Quarterfinals will go LIVE on Monday, April 5. Qualifying athletes will receive their invitation via email.
- All floor plans will be released on Monday, April 5. The equipment list can be found here.
- All event details will be released by the start of competition on Thursday, April 8, at 12 p.m. PST. Note the quick turnaround here: Only three days separate registration and the start of competition.
- Athletes participating outside of an affiliate are not required to fill in the “Affiliate” field during the registration and score-submission process.
- Athletes must submit their first two results by Friday, April 9, at 12 p.m. PST.
- Athletes must submit their next two results by Saturday, April 10, at 12 p.m. PST.
- Athletes must submit their final results by the close of competition on Sunday, April 11, at 12 p.m. PST.
- To advance in the CrossFit Games season, you must submit a video of each of your performances at the time of score submission. Failure to provide a video of your performance may result in your score being invalidated. This will affect your overall ranking and disqualify you from advancing to the next stage of competition.
- Scores and videos will not be made public by CrossFit until the close of each submission deadline.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org before the submission deadline if you experience technical difficulties while trying to submit your score. Be sure to include your name and all the information collected on this page (score, affiliate’s name, judge’s name, and video URL).
Teams in the Quarterfinals
Official team invites for Quarterfinals will be sent via email on Monday, April 12, the same day registration opens. All qualifying teams will be notified when the window opens and provided with additional information at that time.
Teams intending to compete in the Quarterfinals must declare an official roster composed of two men and two women, with an option to add one man and one woman as alternates. Please note: Once the competition begins, the roster will be final.