The second stage of the 2021 NOBULL CrossFit Games Season for team athletes starts Thursday, April 22. The Quarterfinals is a new and exclusive proving ground for the fittest athletes in the world, and only the top 25% of teams from each continent qualify for an online competition that will challenge them with their toughest tests to date.
What Are the Quarterfinals?
The Quarterfinals are an online competition that will serve as the second step in the qualification process for the 2021 NOBULL CrossFit Games. Teams competing in the Quarterfinals will be required to compete in a series of advanced events over the course of the weekend, from Thursday, April 22, through Sunday, April 25.
Scores will be submitted in a similar fashion to the Open, but there will be multiple competition windows over the course of the weekend during which teams will need to submit their scores, each by a certain deadline. For example, the first two workouts will need to be submitted by Friday, April 23, at 12 p.m. PT. Teams must complete the events (known as “tests”) as written and submit their scores on time. Any teams hoping to advance to Semifinals, or whose scores affect advancing teams, must include a video of their performance with their score submissions.
Did My Team Qualify?
Official invites to the Team Quarterfinal were sent out via email on Monday, April 12. In order to advance to Quarterfinals, you must have placed at or higher than the placements found in the Team Quarterfinal cutlines here.
How Do I Register My Team?
Any team wishing to compete in the Quarterfinals must accept their invitation and register for Quarterfinals before the close of the first event.
- Team registration for Quarterfinals went LIVE on Monday, April 12. Qualifying teams will have received their invitation via email.
- All floor plans and the equipment list will be released on Monday, April 19.
- All event details will be released by the start of competition on Thursday, April 22, at 12 p.m. PST.
- Teams must submit their first two results by Friday, April 23, at 12 p.m. PST.
- Teams must submit their next two results by Saturday, April 24, at 12 p.m. PST.
- Teams must submit their final results by the close of competition on Sunday, April 25, at 12 p.m. PST.
- To advance in the CrossFit Games season, you must submit a video of each of your performances at the time of score submission. Failure to provide a video of your performance may result in your score being invalidated. This will affect your overall ranking and disqualify you from advancing to the next stage of competition.
- Scores and videos will not be made public by CrossFit until the close of each submission deadline.
- Email email@example.com before the submission deadline if you experience technical difficulties while trying to submit your score. Be sure to include your team name and all the information collected on this page (score, affiliate’s name, judge’s name, and video URL).
- Teams intending to compete in the Quarterfinals must declare an official roster composed of two men and two women, with an option to add one man and one woman as alternates. Please note: Once the competition begins, the roster will be final.