Adaptive Competition Eligibility Forms Released
December 1, 2022
The Adaptive Competition Eligibility Forms (ACEF) are now available for athletes who have registered or plan to register in the adaptive athlete division for the 2023 NOBULL CrossFit Games Open.
Watch this video for more information.
The Adaptive Competition Eligibility Form (ACEF) must be completed to receive a formal classification. The ACEF is an electronic form that is responsive to your unique submission requirements based on your eligible impairment. All data, records, and video links needed for classification MUST be submitted electronically via the ACEF. Be sure to have all the information required and your tests completed prior to starting your submission.
- Dec. 1, 2022: ACEF classification portal opens.
- Feb. 16, 2023: The Open begins (23.1 is announced).
- March 6, 2023 (5 p.m. PT): Deadline to submit ACEF.
- March 10, 2023: Deadline for CrossFit to provide classification ruling.
Adaptive Athlete Policy
The Adaptive Athlete Policy (AAP) is the document that governs eligibility for the adaptive divisions. The updated 2023 AAP includes details for eligibility and the process to be vetted for competitions in the adaptive division. The AAP was released on Nov. 15, and has since been updated with links to a number of medical testing forms.
Movement Assessments and Medical Testing
The ACMA is a fitness test that demonstrates an athlete’s abilities in relation to common CrossFit movements performed during competition and assists in demonstrating limitations from an eligible impairment.
Medical testing is required for most impairments. Each impairment has a unique required medical test. There are additional requirements along with the medical testing. This process may take some time and effort; please plan ahead. Most athletes will not need to reclassify annually, so for most, this is a one-time process.
Links to medical testing forms are below:
- 2023 Adaptive Divisions Eligibility Checklists
- Ataxia - Impairment Testing Medical Form
- Athetosis - Impairment Testing Medical Form
- Hypertonia - Impairment Testing Medical Form
- Impaired Muscle Power - Impairment Testing Medical Form
- Impaired Passive Range of Movement - Impairment Testing Medical Form
- Short Stature - Impairment Testing Medical Form
- Leg Length Difference - Impairment Testing Medical Form
Photo by Charlotte Foerschler