The 2022 NOBULL CrossFit Games are the pinnacle of the Games season, crowing the Fittest on Earth, and there is nothing more powerful than bringing our global CrossFit community together in Madison to experience the competition, fun, and camaraderie that is CrossFit. Whether fans choose to spend their days cheering on their favorite athletes, working out, exploring the Madison area, or enjoying a combination of everything the Games has to offer, all are guaranteed to leave with fond memories to inspire them all year long.
Below is a list of resources and activities you can use to make sure your festival experience is unforgettable and fun.
THE CROSSFIT GAMES EVENT GUIDE AND GAMES APPS
Don’t forget to download the two CrossFit Games apps on your Android or iPhone to access important event information, including up-to-date leaderboard standings, athlete information, and spectator experience details. You will also have the ability to build a custom schedule of all the events you want to attend.
Download the CrossFit Games app to participate in and follow along with the CrossFit Games season from anywhere in the world. Use the Crossit Games app to see the latest news and updates and watch the livestreams from your device. Navigate the CrossFit Games schedule with links to the Leaderboard, livestream, and workouts. Set reminders for events you're interested in, follow your favorite athletes, and check out their profiles. And don't forget to use the app to compete in the Open for next season.
2. CrossFit Games Event Guide (for fans on-site)
This app, available on iPhone and Android, is the official virtual home of the 2022 NOBULL CrossFit Games in Madison, Wisconsin. Track your favorite athletes and teams on the leaderboard, make a personalized spectator schedule, and discover which athletes, venues, and vendors are trending at the Games. Through the app, you’ll also have access to venue maps, local Madison information, and social media posts. Connect your Ticketmaster account and use the app as your digital ticket to access the CrossFit Games.
NEW in 2022: Fans will have access to free WiFi to use the CrossFit Games app and Event Guide app throughout the week!
Registration is now open for classes! Register through the link below.
- Fan Workout Area: We have an opportunity to celebrate our fitness together. Work out on site at the CrossFit Games for free in the Assault Fitness Spectator Workout Area! Assault Fitness has teamed up with SugarWOD, Zen Planner, CrossFit Affiliate Programming (CAP), ROGUE, and the CrossFit Seminar Staff to give everyone in attendance an experience to remember. There will be class options from Wednesday through Sunday.
- CrossFit Education Kids Zone: Give the kiddos a break from the Madison sun and let them burn off some energy for free in the Kids Zone, located in the Assault Fitness Spectator Workout Area. Kids can participate in CAP classes coached by the CrossFit Seminar Staff. Class options will be available from Wednesday through Sunday. Classes are geared toward ages 3-5 and 5-14.
- Nonprofits: Support the cause and get a workout in with these incredible nonprofits.
- Barbells for Boobs (BFB) – This nonprofit organization fosters a community where athletes support fellow athletes diagnosed with breast cancer. The Resources After Diagnosis (RAD) program is BFB’s signature program. It's designed to give athletic women diagnosed with breast cancer a comprehensive support system focused on improving quality of life and outcomes through health, fitness, and community. BFB will be hosting multiple activations throughout the week. Find them in Pavilion 2.
- Battle Cancer – Join Battle Cancer Wednesday through Saturday in Pavillion 2 to work out and help raise funds for those affected by cancer and for cancer charities worldwide.
- FAITH RXD – Get your faith and fitness workouts in with FAITH RXD, Wednesday through Saturday in Pavillion 2.
- Forging Youth Resilience (FYR) – This 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization founded in 2010 empowers young people to build physical and mental strength for life by providing access to a national network of community-based fitness programs and mentorship. FYR serves youth coming from under-resourced families or communities who might also be out of school, in foster care, or involved in the justice system. Class options will be available on Friday and Saturday.
- The OUT Foundation – This nonprofit organization is the world's largest initiative bringing together LGBTQ+ athletes and allies to sweat for a cause in a safe, inclusive fitness environment. Join them for a workout Wednesday through Saturday in Pavillion 2.
- Project Onyx – Project Onyx's mission is to eliminate barriers for underrepresented and underserved people of color by providing affordable and accessible health and fitness services, mentorship for youth and future professionals, and empowering communities to become more culturally proficient, healthy, and active.
- The Phoenix – The Phoenix’s mission is to build a sober active community that fuels resilience and support. Join them in Pavillion 2 for a workout Wednesday through Saturday.
Spectator Workout Area at the 2021 NOBULL CrossFit Games | Photo by Ginnie Coleman Photography
- Community event at Rogue North Park – Fans can get a glimpse of what it’s like to work out on the elite stage at Rogue North Park! The Phoenix will be joining forces with other nonprofits to give you an unforgettable experience on Sunday, Aug. 7, from 10:45-11:45 a.m. This workout is limited to the first 300 athletes.
- Sponsor Row – Visit Sponsor Row for daily workout opportunities (hosted by nonprofits and partners).
|11 a.m. — U.S. Army||11:30 a.m. — U.S. Army
2:30 p.m. — Barbells for Boobs
|9:30 a.m. — U.S. Army
12:30 p.m. — O2
|9:30 a.m. — The OUT Foundation
11 a.m. — The Phoenix
2:30 p.m. — U.S. Army
- An Assault Fitness guest coach will be coaching classes in the Assault Fitness Spectator Area on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at 12 p.m. (noon).
- An RP Strength guest coach will be coaching classes in the Assault Fitness Spectator Area on Wednesday and Thursday at 12 p.m. (noon) and Friday and Saturday at 5 p.m.
- U.S. Army Fitness Challenge – It's a week of pushing yourself outside your comfort zone! Join the U.S. Army for a daily challenge on Sponsor Row!
- On-the-Floor Challenges – Who’s ready to showcase their skills? Participate in a quick challenge on the competition floor Wednesday through Sunday — think handstand holds, burpee challenges, and more!
- The Professional Coach + Breakfast – The CrossFit Seminar Staff would like to thank all CrossFit trainers (L1-L4). Go get your sweat on with them and enjoy breakfast and coffee after!
- Guest coaches:
- Wednesday – Kelly Jackson
- Thursday – James Hobart
- Friday – Austin Malleolo
- Saturday – Nicole Christensen
- Sunday – Paul Tremblay
- Guest coaches:
**CrossFit trainers (L1-L4) ONLY**
- Affiliate owners, be sure to stop by the CrossFit Affiliates booth in the Vendor Pavilion to get more information on the CrossFit Affiliate Lounge, an exclusive affiliate owner workout and BBQ, and new this year, a fully functioning mock affiliate (serving current and hopeful affiliate owners), just to name a few. Whether you're seeking business help or just a good time, we're here for you and can't wait to see you.
- Demo Stage – Head over to the Vendor Pavilion to learn from top trainers on CrossFit’s Seminar Staff about squats, presses, deadlifts, and coaching development. We will also feature some of our approved providers, who will work on aerobic capacity, weightlifting, rowing, and more! Learn about coaching larger-bodied athletes, using CrossFit during cancer treatment and recovery, and implementing effective nutrition programs — all while receiving continuing-education units toward your professional development. Improve your movement with a free one-on-one 15-minute movement tune-up with CrossFit’s Seminar Staff — you could get your first muscle-up or work on your double-unders. Stop by and meet members of the CrossFit Health team and learn about CrossFit’s work in health care. Spots are first come, first served, so be sure to arrive early to secure your spot in one of the hands-on sessions with a top coach Wednesday through Sunday.
|Wednesday, Aug. 3||10 a.m. — CrossFit Training: Snatch Clinic||11 a.m. — CrossFit Health: Bridging the Gap Between Healthcare & Fitness||12 p.m. — CrossFit Weightlifting||1 p.m. — CrossFit Training Panel: What Makes a Great Coach||2 p.m. — CrossFit Training: Push Jerk Clinic||3 p.m. — CrossFit Training: Assessing & Correcting Movement (Level 2)||4 p.m. — Battle Cancer Nonprofit: Fitness, Movements & Cancer Recovery||5 p.m. — Dark Horse Rowing: Rowing for CrossFit||DEMO STAGE CLOSED||DEMO STAGE CLOSED|
|Thursday, Aug. 4||9 a.m. — CrossFit Health: Training with Cancer: Setting New Guidelines||10 a.m. — Dark Horse Rowing: Rowing for CrossFit||11 a.m. — CrossFit Training: Overhead Squat Clinic||12 p.m. — CrossFit Training: Coaching: How to Get Started||2 p.m. — Out Foundation Nonprofit: Community Chat: Coaching LGBTQ+ Athlete||3 p.m. — Lessons Learned from Helping CrossFit Games Champions||4 p.m. — CrossFit Training: New to CrossFit Class||DEMO STAGE CLOSED||DEMO STAGE CLOSED||DEMO STAGE CLOSED|
|Friday, Aug. 5||9 a.m. — Project Onx Nonprofit: Empowering Youth: Let’s Workout!||10 a.m. — CrossFit Training: Teaching Kids||10:30 a.m. — CrossFit Training: Push Press Clinic||11 a.m. — CrossFit Health: Metabolic Flexability & Longetivity||12 p.m. — CrossFit Weightlifting||1 p.m. — CrossFit Training: Assessing and Correcting Movement (Level 2)||2 p.m. — CrossFit Training: Snatch Clinic||3 p.m. — CrossFit Training: How to Prepare for L3/L4||4 p.m. — CrossFit Aerobic Capacity||DEMO STAGE CLOSED|
|Saturday, Aug. 6||9 A.M. — CrossFit Aerobic Capacity||10 a.m. — CrossFit Training: Teaching Kids||10:30 a.m. — CrossFit Training: CrossFit for Everyone||11 a.m. — Healthy Steps Nutrition: Your Best Self: One Healthy Step at a Time||12 p.m. — CrossFit Training: Snatch Clinic||1 p.m. — CrossFit Health: Recognizing Movement Compensation||2 p.m. — CrossFit Training: What is CrossFit?||3 p.m. — CrossFit Training: Squat Clean Clinic||4 p.m. — CrossFit Training: Interested in Opening an Affiliate? Ask us Anything!||5 p.m. — CrossFit Health: Working with Larger Bodies|
|Sunday, Aug. 7||9 a.m. — CrossFit Training: Deadlift Clinic||10 a.m. — CrossFit Training: Thruster Clinic||10:30 a.m. — CrossFit Preferred Course: Adaptive Training||DEMO STAGE CLOSED||DEMO STAGE CLOSED||DEMO STAGE CLOSED||DEMO STAGE CLOSED||DEMO STAGE CLOSED||DEMO STAGE CLOSED||DEMO STAGE CLOSED|
Demo Stage at the 2021 NOBULL CrossFit Games | Photo by Ginnie Coleman Photography
- Attention CrossFit trainers! Swing by the CrossFit Education and Training booth when you arrive and pick up your Trainer Swag Bag while supplies last. Want to get in a workout during the Games? Each day’s first scheduled workout (in the Assault Fitness Spectator Workout Area) will be for CrossFit trainers only, followed by coffee, breakfast, and a chance to chat with the Seminar Staff. (These classes are limited to 40 people, so be sure to sign up ahead of time.)
- CrossFit trainers can also:
- Sign up for free one-on-one coaching with Seminar Staff
- Sign up to participate in a movement clinic
- Learn more about CrossFit and our courses
- Sign your kids up for a kids class (ages 3-13)
- Talk to the CrossFit Health team
- CrossFit trainers can also:
- Future Affiliate Owners: For anyone who has ever thought about becoming their own boss and opening an affiliate, the Affiliate team is available to guide you through the process and explain the ins and outs of affiliation.
- Shop your favorite brands on Sponsor Row. The following brands will have on-site retail shops for fans:
- Rogue Fitness
- Monster Energy
- O2 Beverages
- Bear KompleX
- Wilde Protein Chips
- Assault Fitness
- U.S. Army
- RP Strength
- Vendor Pavilion - Get your shopping on in the Vendor Pavilion and look for the latest and greatest products and samples for a healthier lifestyle! Download the CrossFit Games Event Guide app for a list of vendors.
Vendors Village | Photo by Ginne Coleman Photography
- Family-friendly activities: Head over to Pavilion 2 to find family-friendly activities, such as face painting by Funny Faces, cornhole, life-size Jenga, and Connect 4!
- The Trek Bike Valet makes it easy to ride your bike to the event and skip the traffic. Simply swing by the Trek Bike Valet on your way into the venue, drop off your bicycle, and then it’s only a short walk to the main campus.
- Several CrossFit Training seminars will take place in Wisconsin right before the Games. Level up your CrossFit skills, then stay for the CrossFit Games!
- Level 1 Certificate Course — July 30-31 in Waukesha, Wisconsin, at CrossFit Redemption
- Level 1 Certificate Course — Aug. 1-2 in Middletown, Wisconsin, at CrossFit Madtown
- Level 2 Certificate Course — July 30-31 in Portage, Wisconsin, at MachineLab CrossFit
- GOWOD is taking over CrossFit Big Dane for a week-long community event during the CrossFit Games. GOWOD will offer free drop-ins for attendees of the Games, where participants will get coached by none other than Mat Fraser, Chris Hinshaw, Scott Panchik, John Singleton, and more. The festivities will begin on Monday, Aug. 1, and run through the entire week of the Games. To register for a free drop-in, visit gowod.app.
CELEBRATE THE COMPETITORS
- Opening Ceremonies — Celebrate the start of the 2022 NOBULL CrossFit Games with an F16 flyover and the singing of the national anthem. All athletes competing at the Games will parade by country into the Rogue North Park! The ceremony will start on Thursday, Aug. 4, at 1 p.m.
- Flyovers, parachute jumpers, and skydivers — Look into the sky and enjoy some aerial action throughout the week!
- Navy Leap Frogs — The legends are in the sky. The U.S. Navy Parachute Team will jump onto Rogue North Park on Friday, Aug. 5, at approximately 12:20 p.m.
- U.S. Air Force Special Warfare — Watch the U.S. Air Force rappel from the NOBULL Coliseum on Friday, Aug. 5, at approximately 4:45 p.m.
- Golden Knights — the U.S. Army's official aerial parachute demonstration team will be landing in Rogue North Park on Saturday, Aug. 6, around 2:45 p.m.
- Final ceremonies — Don’t miss out on the final celebratory moments, where we will crown the Fittest on Earth! The age-group and adaptive final ceremony will take place on Saturday, Aug. 6, at the Beer Garden from 4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. The final ceremonies for the team and individual athletes will take place at the close of competition on Sunday, Aug. 7, in the Coliseum at 3:30 p.m.
2021 NOBULL CrossFit Games Final Ceremony | Photo by Charlotte Foerschler
RELAX, REFRESH, RECHARGE
- O2 Recovery Lounge — Escape the heat and grab a cold drink in the O2 Recovery Lounge, all while watching the action on a massive screen.
- Trifecta Food Court
- Just Coffee Co-op - Hot drip coffee and smoothies
- JD's - Chicago-style cuisine
- Juicy Organics - Health drinks
- State Street Brats - You guessed it: brats
- Centerplate Food Tent - Burrito bowls, taco bowls, etc.
- CP Beer Tent - Beer, seltzers, etc.
- Crescendo Coffee - Nitro cold brews
- Chocolate Shoppe - Wisconsin super premium ice cream
- Super Bowls - Acai bowls
- Jacobs Smoke House - Smoked proteins
- Jammin Concessions - Burgers and Philly steaks
- Toast Food Cart - Panini and gyro breakfasts
- We partnered with Wilde Protein Chips, the Official Protein Chip of the 2022 NOBULL CrossFit Games, to serve their snacks site-wide to fans and athletes. Wilde Protein Chips are crafted from real ingredients: chicken breast, egg whites, and bone broth. One serving has 10g of protein, 5g of net carbs, and the first ingredient is chicken breast. Swing by the Wilde booth for a free bag!
- We partnered with O2 as the Official Recovery Drink of the 2022 NOBULL CrossFit Games. O2 will be serving ice-cold cans of their caffeine-free recovery drinks campus-wide. Pick up an O2 Recovery Pass at O2’s Sponsor Row, Recovery Lounge, or Vendor Village booths to get free O2 all week, and scan the QR code for a $25 gift card at DRINKO2.COM!
- Monster Energy is back as the Official Energy Drink of the 2022 NOBULL CrossFit Games. Monster will be serving their zero-sugar energy drinks and sports drinks on site for free to spectators. Look out for Monster Energy barrels placed around campus, or swing by the Monster Energy Zone for a bottomless supply of caffeination.
- Crescendo Coffee is back this year and will be serving barista-crafted beverages site-wide. Skip Starbucks on your way in and grab a cup of locally roasted coffee on site at the Games.
- Ditch the plastic water bottles and bring your YETI rambler or other refillable bottle to fill up for free all week long with the YETI Hydration Stations placed around campus. YETI is the Official Cooler and Sustainability Partner of the 2022 NOBULL CrossFit Games and is helping reduce plastic waste by supporting these water refill stations.
Recovery Lounge | Photo by Ginnie Coleman Photography
FAN APPRECIATION DAYS
We are excited to announce the return of themed appreciation days at the 2022 NOBULL CrossFit Games. Each appreciation day will recognize a particular group of service members in our community. Service members belonging to each group will receive a free Festival ticket on their respective day.
- Trifecta: Wednesday, Aug. 3: Firefighter, Healthcare, and Law Enforcement Appreciation Day — Bring your eligible ID to the main box office to receive a free Wednesday Festival ticket.
- Thorne: Thursday, Aug. 4: Teacher and Administrator Appreciation Day — Bring your eligible ID to the main box office to receive a free Thursday Festival pass!
- U.S. Army: Friday, Aug. 5: Military Service Appreciation Day — Active, reserve, and retired military personnel will receive a free Friday Festival ticket. Bring your ID to the main box office to receive a free Friday Festival pass!