CAMP AT THE 2023 CROSSFIT GAMES
WHEN ARE THE CROSSFIT GAMES BEING HELD?
The 2023 NOBULL CrossFit Games will be a six-day event (Tuesday, Aug. 1 - Sunday, Aug. 6).
WHERE CAN I BUY A CAMPING PASS?
Purchase your camping pass at Ticketmaster.
WHEN CAN I MOVE IN?
The campground will open at 8 a.m. on Monday, July 31. You must move in by Wednesday, Aug. 2, at 5 p.m. Dates and times are subject to change.
Special exceptions, including late move-ins, may be arranged by contacting email@example.com.
WHEN MUST I MOVE OUT?
All campers must be off their campsites by Monday, Aug. 7, at 12 p.m. You may not move your vehicle until the completion of competition on Sunday, Aug. 6. Dates and times are subject to change.
RECEIVING YOUR CAMPING PASS
Your camping pass will be emailed to you from Ticketmaster. Your camping pass is not a wristband. You are responsible for either printing your pass or having it readily available via mobile device upon arrival on-site.
HOW MUCH SPACE IS PROVIDED FOR EACH TENT CAMPSITE?
We want as many people as possible to have room to camp, so please respect the boundaries of your 10-by-20-foot per tent camping spot. This will be strictly enforced.
Your tent can be any size as long as it fits completely within the 10-by-20-foot campsite.
HOW BIG ARE RV CAMPING SPOTS?
Each RV camping spot is 15 feet wide. We can accommodate RV lengths from under 25 feet to 45 feet. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if your RV is over 45 feet long.
DOES EACH PERSON NEED TO PAY TO STAY IN THE CAMPGROUND?
No, the price of the campsite (tent or RV) is for the campsite. There is no limit to the number of people who can use a single 10-by-20-foot site or RV site.
Please remember that only people with Games Festival tickets will be allowed into the Willow Island Campground.
WHAT AMENITIES ARE AVAILABLE?
Campers will have access to restrooms, showers, and hand-washing stations. The restrooms and showers are private. Camping Rx'd spaces will have air conditioning and dedicated hospitality with games, grilling, and more. RV spaces will have either a 30-amp or 50-amp hookup and fresh-water hookups. There are no sewer hookups, but gray/black-water removal service will be offered daily. (Access doors to the gray/black-water port must be unlocked each morning before leaving your campsite.) Inside the CrossFit Games festival, there will be a limited number of free water refill stations, ATMs, and a variety of food and beverage vendors.
HOW DO I RESERVE A SPECIFIC LOCATION?
When you purchase your camping pass via Ticketmaster, you will select your own spot using the interactive seat map. Spots are first come, first served. Spots cannot be changed once selected. Once a spot is gone, it’s gone. Make sure that the spot in your cart matches the spot you selected before checking out. Note: map is not drawn to scale. Exact locations are subject to change.
Previous CrossFit Games campers will have the opportunity to buy their 2023 pass and select a spot starting on Tuesday, March 7. Camping spots will go on sale to the general public Thursday, March 9.
CAN I SHIP MY EQUIPMENT TO THE CAMPGROUND?
No shipments will be accepted at the Alliant Energy Center. Please pack your own camping equipment or buy it when you arrive in Madison.
ARE ANIMALS ALLOWED?
Animals will not be allowed on event grounds. Only service animals, animals trained to assist persons with disabilities, are permitted within event premises. This does not include emotional support animals. CrossFit has the right to prohibit service animals if the service animal is out of control or fundamentally altering the event.
CAN PEOPLE COME TO AND FROM THE CAMPGROUND?
Yes, people with Games tickets can move freely between the campground and the venue. Please note that only those with Games tickets can enter the campground.
THIS IS CAR CAMPING, RIGHT?
No, no one may park their car at their campsite. Cars must be parked in a designated lot outside the campground. Cars will not be allowed to stay on Willow Island during the event.
CAN I BRING FOOD AND BEVERAGES INTO THE CAMPGROUND?
Feel free to bring your own food, beverages, and coolers. Please note that no glass is allowed. Only gas grills are allowed. No fires are permitted.
Coffee and food will be sold at the venue, and there’s a Villager Shopping Center with gas and food two miles southwest of the campground.
CAN I BRING A BICYCLE?
Yes, you may ride your bike at the campground but not within the Games venue.
Please do not lock your bicycle to gate openings, closures, or any art installations, or it will be considered surrendered. Look for the designated bicycle parking on the festival maps or in the mobile app.
CAN I BRING MY FRIENDS INTO THE CAMPGROUND?
Yes. As long as everyone has a Festival ticket, you may have them come to your camping spot.
ARE GENERATORS ALLOWED?
Generators are allowed only in the RV camping area.
CAN I SELL OR MARKET MY PRODUCTS?
No. If you attempt to sell or market anything without approval from the festival organizers, all items will be considered surrendered and will not be returned.
MAY I USE A STOVE TO COOK?
The use of an outdoor cooking appliance is permitted.
Outdoor cooking appliance requirements:
- All cooking appliances shall bear a certification or listing from a nationally recognized testing or certification organization.
- All cooking appliances must utilize propane as the fuel source. No wood, charcoal, or flammable/combustible-liquid cooking appliances will be permitted.
- Only one cooking appliance per campsite shall be permitted.
- The maximum amount of propane per campsite shall not exceed 20 lb or 48 lb of water capacity.
- A minimum of 3 feet of clearance shall be maintained at all times while the cooking appliance is in use. No combustible material shall be within 3 feet of the cooking appliance.
- Cooking appliances, while in use, shall not be left unattended.
CAN I PLAY MUSIC?
Please be courteous of your neighbors and abide by the noise curfew of 10 p.m. If security asks you to quiet down, please do so.
CAMPING RULES AND REGULATIONS
For the safety of everyone camping at the 2023 CrossFit Games, we ask that everyone abide by the following rules and regulations:
- No person shall camp in any area except as designated and with prior approval.
- No firearms, fireworks, or dangerous weapons are permitted on the Alliant Energy Center (AEC) premises.
- Swimming, fishing, and boating are not permitted in AEC ponds.
- Outside food and beverages will not be allowed into the Games venue.
- Please place all trash in the nearest trash bin. No littering.
- RV camping spots are limited to one recreational vehicle.
- Please respect all posted quiet hours.
- Smoking is not permitted in the campground.
- To visit or stay in the camping areas, you must have a CrossFit Games ticket.
- Guns or weapons of any kind
- Illegal substances
- Fire lanterns/Chinese sky fire lanterns/sky candles/fire balloons/tiki torches/citronella candles
- Fire, charcoal BBQs, heaters
Still have questions about camping? Contact us at email@example.com.