2023 CrossFit Games
27-21-15-9 reps for time of:
♀ 65-lb thrusters
♂ 95-lb thrusters
♀ 65-lb thrusters
♂ 95-lb thrusters
Teenagers 14-17, Masters 55+
♀ 45-lb thrusters
♂ 65-lb thrusters
Time cap: 15 minutes
Download the workout description and scorecard for your division:
Prior to starting, set up the floor plan as shown. This test begins with the athlete seated on the rower with hands off of the handle. After “3, 2, 1 … go,” row 27 calories (counting up). When the rower reads 27 calories, move to the barbell and complete 27 thrusters. After finishing 27 thrusters, move back to the rower and complete 21 calories and 21 thrusters, then 15 calories and 15 thrusters, and finally 9 calories and 9 thrusters. Your score will be the total time it takes to complete this test. In the event of a time cap, your score will be the total number of repetitions completed before the time cap.
There is no tiebreak for this test.
- Tape to mark the floor.
- Concept2 rower.
- Barbell, plates, and collars.*
* The official weight is in pounds. For your convenience, the minimum acceptable weights in kilograms for the snatches are 20 kg (45 lb), 29 kg (65 lb), and 43 kg (95 lb).
Be sure the athlete has adequate space to safely complete all the movements. Clear the area of all extra equipment, people, or other obstructions.
Any athlete who in any way alters the equipment or movements described in this document or shown in the test standards video may be disqualified from the competition. Unless otherwise stated, athletes may not receive assistance with their equipment during the test.
Video Submission Standards
- Film ALL competition area measurements so the distances and weights can be seen clearly.
- Use the camera placement provided in the floor plan.
- The camera should capture a view of the athlete during all movements.
- A full view of the athlete must be maintained for the entire test.
- Avoid placing the camera low to the ground. We recommend placing the camera at least 3 feet off the ground.
- Videos must be uncut and unedited to accurately display the performance.
- A clock or timer must be visible throughout the test.
- Videos shot with a fisheye lens or similar lens may be rejected.
- Make sure lighting does not obstruct the view of the athlete, equipment, or workout area. Glare from the background or dark spaces makes it hard to review videos.
- Do NOT use a countdown timer.
- Ensure the judge does not obstruct the view of the athlete.
1 of 3You must use a Concept2 rower. The monitor must be clearly visible in your video. The monitor on the rower must be set to zero at the beginning of each row. You may receive assistance resetting the rower between rounds. Start seated on the rower with your hands off the handle until after the call of “3, 2, 1 … go.” You must stay seated on the rower until the monitor reads the designated calories during each round.2 of 3The athlete and the barbell must remain behind the tape line. If the plates or the athlete’s feet touch the line at any time, the rep will not count. Each set of thrusters begins with the barbell on the ground. The crease of the athlete’s hip must clearly pass below the top of the athlete’s knees in the bottom position. A full squat clean into the thruster is allowed when the bar is taken from the floor.3 of 3The rep is credited when: The athlete’s hips, knees, and arms are fully extended. The bar is directly over, or slightly behind, the middle of their body. The rep must be completed in one fluid motion from the bottom of the squat. A front squat followed by a jerk is not allowed. If the barbell is dropped from overhead, it must settleon the ground before the athlete picks it up for the next repetition. Athletes may NOT receive assistance moving or resetting their barbell.