- Dubai CrossFit Championship
- Wodapalooza CrossFit Festival
- Australian CrossFit Championship
- CrossFit Fittest in Cape Town
- CrossFit Strength in Depth
- Mid Atlantic CrossFit Challenge
- CrossFit Italian Showdown
- Asia CrossFit Championship
- Reykjavik CrossFit Championship
- Brazil CrossFit Championship
- Down Under CrossFit Championship
- The Rogue Invitational
- The CrossFit Lowlands Throwdown
- The Granite Games
- CrossFit French Throwdown
CrossFit-sanctioned competitions are replacing CrossFit's Regional events and will be a direct pathway for top men, women and team competitors to receive invitations to compete at the CrossFit Games.
The sanctioned events expand the opportunities available to CrossFit competitors around the globe. Each sanctioned competition emerged from the CrossFit affiliate community.
"Each one exists to serve its community, not to make a quick buck," said CrossFit Founder Greg Glassman. "This is perfectly consistent with our vision for CrossFit competitions."
Going forward, teams are no longer required to share an affiliate or geographical location to earn an invitation to the CrossFit Games team competition. CrossFit-sanctioned events are the only pathway for teams to compete at the CrossFit Games.
The CrossFit Games will return once more to Madison, Wisconsin, in the late summer of 2019. Participants in the individual Games competition will consist of: (1) National Champions as determined by the CrossFit Games Open; (2) first-place, sanctioned-event winners; (3) the top 20 overall finishers in the CrossFit Games Open; and (4) four at-large athletes selected by CrossFit Inc.