Français - Deutsch - Italiano - Português - Español
CrossFit today announced a change to the format for the 2020 Reebok CrossFit Games that will separate the event into two stages: an online competition in athletes’ home countries from which the top five men and top five women will advance and an in-person finals in California to crown the Fittest Man and Fittest Woman on Earth.
Get all the details on how to watch the competition here.
“The 2020 Reebok CrossFit Games are a go!” said CrossFit CEO Eric Roza. “At CrossFit, we are always energized by a challenge, and hosting a worldwide sporting event in the age of COVID is no exception. We are excited to be able to deliver the CrossFit Games to our athletes, fans, and CrossFit gym members in 158 countries through a two-stage format that combines a worldwide online competition with a small in-person finals in Northern California. This innovative format will help us protect the safety of our athletes while delivering a world-class Games experience to identify the world’s fittest individuals.”
Elements of the 2020 Reebok CrossFit Games will include:
- A roster of the 30 men and 30 women who were invited to the 2020 CrossFit Games, competing from their homes or local gyms in one of 16 different countries.
- A first stage that will determine final placements and prize money for Games winners from 6th to 30th place.
- Invitations for the top five men and women to compete in Northern California in the finals under strict safety protocols.
- Determination of dates for the competition based on input from the athletes. Dates will be announced by mid-August.
- A first stage that will take place in September, and an in-person finals for the five top men and women roughly four to five weeks later.
- Filming and streaming of all events for fans on the CrossFit Games site, and broad promotion of the Games across mainstream and social media.
- The highest-quality judging for every athlete, in person by an experienced member of CrossFit’s Seminar Staff.
“The world is dealing with an unprecedented crisis,” said Dave Castro, CrossFit Director of Sport. “After extensive discussions with athletes and public health officials, we decided that this format was the best way to preserve the spirit and substance of the Games and ensure athletes can compete for the title of Fittest on Earth in a safe and fair manner.”
More information about the 2020 Reebok CrossFit Games, including final dates and schedules for individual athletes’ events, will be available on games.crossfit.com.
CrossFit® is the world’s leading platform to improve health, happiness, and performance. In the 20 years since its founding, CrossFit has grown from a garage gym in Santa Cruz, California, into the world’s best-known fitness brand. CrossFit is committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for everyone, and millions of people have already experienced CrossFit’s transformational benefits through workouts in more than 14,000 affiliated gyms across 158 countries. CrossFit, LLC also operates the annual CrossFit Open, through which athletes at every level compete worldwide, culminating in the CrossFit Games where top athletes compete for the title of Fittest on Earth®. To learn more, visit www.CrossFit.com.
CROSSFIT ANNONCE UN FORMAT EN DEUX ÉTAPES EN LIGNE + EN PERSONNE POUR LES REEBOK CROSSFIT GAMES 2020
CROSSFIT GIBT ZWEISTUFIGES ONLINE + "IN-PERSON" FORMAT FÜR DIE 2020 REEBOK CROSSFIT GAMES BEKANNT
CROSSFIT ANNUNCIA 2 TAPPE UNA ONLINE + UNA DAL VIVO PER I REEBOK CROSSFIT GAMES 2020
CROSSFIT ANUNCIA O FORMATO DE DUAS FASES ONLINE + PRESENCIAL PARA REEBOK CROSSFIT GAMES 2020
CROSSFIT ANUNCIA FORMATO DE DOS ETAPAS EN LÍNEA + EN PERSONA PARA LOS REEBOK CROSSFIT GAMES 2020