Coming up: May 24—May 30
May 24, 2021
Semifinals season is finally here!
As a brand new phase of the CrossFit Games season, the Semifinals will serve as the final hurdle for individual athletes and teams with hopes to qualify for the 2021 NOBULL CrossFit Games. The Semifinals will consist of five live events and five virtual events. Tickets are on sale now for the upcoming live events.
Below is a rundown of what’s coming up this week.
This Friday, May 28, kicks off the CrossFit Semifinals with the first two live events: The Mid-Atlantic CrossFit Challenge and the Torian Pro (Starts Thursday at 4:00 p.m. PT). Check out the Semifinals leaderboards to view the roster of athletes competing at each event.
Mid-Atlantic CrossFit Challenge
The Mid-Atlantic CrossFit Challenge Semifinal event will take place at the Thompson-Boling Arena in Knoxville, Tennessee, from May 28-30, 2021. Individual athletes and teams have worked hard to earn their spot in the Mid-Atlantic CrossFit Challenge. The top five in the men, women, and team divisions will punch their tickets to the 2021 NOBULL CrossFit Games.
The Mid-Atlantic CrossFit Challenge started back in 2012. At that time, it wasn’t even a thought or goal in CEO Luke Espe’s mind that it might be a Semifinal event for the CrossFit Games. Espe’s goal was to develop an event that would not only test athletes' fitness but also bring people together from surrounding areas to strengthen the greater fitness community.
The Mid-Atlantic CrossFit Challenge main events will begin on Friday, May 28, and run through Sunday, May 30.
- Friday, May 28 - Main event starts at 11:00 a.m. PT
- Saturday, May 29 - Main event starts at 6:00 a.m. PT
- Sunday, May 30 - Main event starts at 6:00 a.m. PT
Grab your tickets for the Mid-Atlantic CrossFit Challenge now.
The Torian Pro Semifinal event will take place at the Queensland Tennis Centre in Tennyson, Queensland, Australia, from May 28-30, 2021. This event brings CrossFit athletes and fans together from across the region to celebrate fitness, friendship, and fun.
- Elite Individual Championship: The top 30 men and women from Oceania will compete in the Elite Individual Championship at the Torian Pro to earn one of three spots to the 2021 NOBULL CrossFit Games.
- Elite Team Championship: The top 20 teams from the CrossFit Games Quarterfinals will take their place competing at the Torian Pro to earn one of three spots to the 2021 NOBULL CrossFit Games.
- Pro Team Championship: All teams that qualified for the CrossFit Games Quarterfinals were eligible to register for the Pro Team Championship at the Torian Pro. Teams will be composed of any four athletes listed within their affiliate CrossFit Open roster. Twenty places were awarded in the Pro Team field, and programming at the Torian Pro will reflect that seen in the CrossFit Games Quarterfinals.
- Pro-Am Team Championship: 40 places were awarded to teams wishing to compete for the Pro-Am Team Championship. Teams were free to assemble their rosters with athletes from any gym as long as all four team members competed in the 2021 CrossFit Open. Programming for the Pro-Am Team Championship will reflect that typically seen in the CrossFit Open.
- Masters Team Championship: 10 places were awarded to masters teams with an assembled roster, including any combination of athletes from any gym and any masters age group as long as athletes competed in the 2021 CrossFit Open. Programming at the Torian Pro will reflect that typically seen in the CrossFit Open.
- Emerging Team Championship: Emerging teams were free to assemble a roster with any combination of athletes from any gym as long as athletes competed in the 2021 CrossFit Open. Ten places were awarded, and programming at the Torian Pro will reflect that typically seen in the scaled division of the CrossFit Open.
The Torian Pro main events will begin on Friday, May 28, and run through Sunday, May 30, in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.
Competition Times in Brisbane
- Friday, May 28 - 9 a.m. - 6:45 p.m. AEST
- Saturday , May 29 - 9 a.m. - 7 p.m. AEST
- Sunday, May 30 - 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. AEST
Competition Times converted to the Pacific Time Zone
- Thursday, May 27 - 4:00 p.m - 1:45 a.m. PT
- Friday, May 28 - 4:00 p.m. - 2:00 a.m. PT
- Saturday, May 29 - 4:00 p.m. - 12:00 a.m. PT
Grab your tickets now to catch a live, in-person experience at the Torian Pro Semifinal event.