1. By registering to participate in the 2011 CrossFit Games, you agree to these Rules and Policies, including, without limitation, the Assumption of Risk, Publicity Release, and Drug Testing Policy, all of which are incorporated herein by reference, and the decisions of CrossFit, Inc., which are final and binding in all respects.
2. All persons must show proof of their age, in the form of a validly and generally accepted form of identification - a state driver's license, passport, birth certificate, or other officially verified form of proof.
3. Nobody younger than 45 years old can compete in the Masters divisions (and up). Each age group shall be cut off as of July 15, 2011. This means that you must have turned the requisite age for any of the groups by July 15, 2011.
4. It is the sole responsibility of the winners to comply with paying any and all applicable taxes in connection with any prizes.
5. CrossFit reserves the right to invite athletes, either past winners, guest athletes, or others, to participate in CrossFit's sole discretion to promote, and preserve the traditions and spirit of, the CrossFit Games.
Website and Information Submissions
6. Participants must have validly registered, either themselves or by a parent or legal guardian, for the CrossFit Games through the web site at www.crossfitgames.com.
7. All information provided, either in registration submissions, video submissions, scores, times, reps, rounds completed, is the complete truth. A lack of integrity, or any actions that evince an intent to cheat or circumvent the Rules or intent of the Rules of the CrossFit Games, including lying (as one example) - will result in disqualification. Period.
8. The content of the Submission must not be subject to the rights of any third parties, other than Sponsor or its licensor(s). The Submission may not be offensive or otherwise unsuitable for use, as determined in CrossFit's sole discretion. This includes personal clothing, conduct, statements, or appearance that would distract from the competition or in CrossFit's discretion would lower CrossFit in the public esteem or harm the brand in any way.
9. CrossFit is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by Web Site users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Games, and CrossFit assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission at the Web Site or any web site related to the Games, or for communications line failure, or for theft or destruction, tampering, or unauthorized access to entries and/or entry information. CrossFit is not responsible for any problems or technical, hardware, or software malfunctions of any telephone network or telephone lines, failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in these Games, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by CrossFit due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion, unavailable network connections on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participating in these Games or downloading any materials in these Games.
10. CrossFit reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Games or the Web Site or any web site related to the Games; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or the like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same identifying information, CrossFit reserves the right to determine in its sole discretion the correct submission in accordance with the rules.
11. If, for any reason, the Games are not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, tampering, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of CrossFit which, in the sole opinion of CrossFit, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Games, CrossFit reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to void suspect entries and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Games and select the winner from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to such cancellation, termination or suspension. IN NO EVENT WILL CROSSFIT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE CROSSFIT GAMES SUBMISSION SITE OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING OF MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITE.
Personal Conduct & Sportsmanship
12. Taunting another competitor or other unsportsmanlike behavior, any conduct in violation of California law, and any conduct which would bring disrepute upon CrossFit in the eyes of the viewing public or the CrossFit community may be grounds for disqualification. This list is not exclusive or exhaustive and is meant as a guide to competitors, not as a limitation on CrossFit's rights to run the Games in the manner it sees fit. This includes (but is not limited to): personal conduct, clothing, appearance, statements, refusal to comply with any requirements for wearing of apparel by an athlete during the competition, refusal of an athlete or spectator to comport themselves in a manner which is conducive to a CrossFit competition, any of which, in CrossFit's sole discretion, are disruptive of the Games, would distract from the competition, or would lower CrossFit in the public esteem or harm the brand in any way.
13. The Judges at the CrossFit Games are experienced and valuable members of our Community. Their decisions on all matters relating to the conduct of the Games during the competition are Final. They are tasked with ensuring a fair competition, ensuring that competitors know and comply with the Rules and movement standards, and helping get the best and most legitimate performance out of the athletes. Non-compliance with a judge's instructions, repeated bickering with or questioning of a judge, attempting to show up an official or publicly embarrass a judge, will result in disqualification of the athlete. This includes repeated derogatory comments from an athlete's coach, representative, or entourage.
14. CrossFit reserves the right to terminate any athlete, volunteer or spectator's participation in the 2011 CrossFit Games (the Games) at any time, with no further obligation or duty to such athlete. Reasons for disqualification may include, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO, any of the following non-exhaustive examples: drug use at the Games, fighting, taunting an athlete or another Team, or any other disruptive or unruly behavior, or behavior that would reflect negatively upon CrossFit, Inc., or the CrossFit Games.
15. Each workout and movement, either in the Open Sectionals, at the Regionals, or at the Finals, will have the standards for movement explained, including the minimum points of performance for successful completion of the movement (i.e. To get credit for the repetition, round, etc.) Athletes must meet the objective criteria for the movement, repetition, or round to be considered and scored. Non-compliance with the criteria will non-count the repetition and may invalidate the entire performance.
16. Finalists will only be selected from those eligible entries meeting the judging criteria set forth, as noted in para. 15 above, and as determined by CrossFit in its sole discretion.
17. An athlete, coach, or Team may bring an issue to the attention of either a judge, or a CrossFit, Inc., official if they have a question about a result, how a round or repetition was counted, or some other aspect of the competition. CrossFit, Inc., reserves the right to make whatever determination is necessary in order to ensure the fairness of the competition, both to the athlete, or Team, and to all of the competitors and spectators, and has the sole discretion and authority to do so. Nothing in these rules should be read as a limitation on CrossFit's right to run the Games as it sees fit and CrossFit's say is final. This includes the right to remove any team or athlete in CrossFit's sole and absolute discretion.
18. All athletes and teams must comply with drug testing policy, including timely submission to testing and providing samples, as necessary.