Athlete Profile

Athlete: Matthew Bathgate

Matthew Bathgate's Profile Picture
Region:
Canada West
Team:
Synergy Strength
Affiliate:
CrossFit Saskatoon
Gender:
Male
Age:
32
Height:
6'2"
Weight:
222 lb

Benchmarks

Workouts
Fran2:34
Helen0:00
Grace1:34
Filthy 500:00
Fight Gone Bad418
Sprint 400m1:04
Run 5k20:08
Maxes
Clean & Jerk137 kg
Snatch115 kg
Deadlift490 lb
Back Squat415 lb
Max Pull-ups42

Bio

ATHLETE INFORMATION

How I Eat

I weigh and measure my food

Weigh and measure 75% of my meals in a week. The other 25% are more of an educated guess. Only non-Paleo foods I eat regularly are oats, rice, and Greek yoghurt.

How I Train

I workout mostly at a CrossFit Affiliate

I record my workouts

We have a large strength, olympic, and pre-habilitation focus. Major lifts 5+ times a week. Our program is always evolving. HIIT played a large part in our training in the last couple seasons. Lately we've included more aerobic metcons, as we've found HIIT didn't stimulate enough change in individuals with a high level of existing aerobic capacity.

My Athletic Background

I played youth or high school level sports

High School hockey, volleyball, badminton. Senior hockey. Club and representative Rugby.

My Experience With CrossFit

I began CrossFit by trying it alone (without a coach)

I have completed the CrossFit Level 1 certificate course

I have attended one or more specialty courses

I have had a life changing experience due to CrossFit

I train other people

My Work/Rest Schedule

I do multiple workouts in a day 1x a week

I strictly schedule my rest days

I typically rest 4 or more days per month

3 on, 1 off. In the last year, we've reduced the amount of double days. Our previous training volume was higher than could be maintained by the majority of our athletes.

How long have you been doing CrossFit?

4+ years

Started April 2008. Joined affiliate September 2008.

Leaderboard